Monday, June 29, 2009

There's no place like home.

The last leg of the journey. A few very bad pictures of the Sears tower coming into Chicago. When I see the Chicago skyline I know I am almost home. This is done kind of backwards and you get the trip from the the end to the beginning.
All in all it was a great adventure to see some of American history, taste foods that are in different parts of the country and visit family. As someone once said you only go around once so make the best of it! I hope you enjoy my memoirs of my trip!


One of three dish clothes I crocheted on this trip. I only tatted 1 pair of earrings and gave those away before I took a picture. More time was spent walking and site seeing than anything. I left home made gifts to each of our hosts. All in all it was a very fun trip.


The plaque on the spot were the first flight took place. It was very windy at Devil's Hill and there is sand for ground. Some ground cover and alot of little cactus everywhere.



The monument to commentate 100 years of flight at Kitty Hawk, South Carolina. The monument has each date in flights history making moment on each of the stones starting with Wilbur and Orville Wright. There is even a stone to honor the WW contributors to flight. Very cool.




The plaque from the statue. Click on pic to read. You can appreciate the sacrifices made to make this country.





This is the monument from the final battle of the Revolutionary War at Yorktown, Virginia.






The governor's mansion from Colonial Williamsburg. I was surprised to see so many brick homes. It was sooo big and had three buildings attached to the house.







The LL Bean gum boot out the window of the store.(Yes I was VERY involved in the shopping experience there.) This gives you an idea how BIG the store is here. There are different buildings through the town for all the different departments they have. This is the hunting and fishing building.








Becki living her life long dream to stand in the ocean in Maine. The weather was perfect and Maine was absolutely wonderful! The ocean is as lovely as it looks in the picture. Now I have been to as far east as you can go and as far west as you can go. ( Seen both oceans-each is spectacular)









These are some roses and daisies at Ben and Jerry's. They had a lovely garden of flowers all over the hill the factory sits on.









Here is a gorgeous waterfall on the way to Ben and Jerry's in Waterbury, Vermont.











The first part of journey took us to Kirtland, Ohio to see the Kirtland Temple. We are BIG history buffs in my house and we like historical landmarks.(I have pics of a few). Kirtland was nice, but it was humid. The grounds were lovely-sorry no pics of the flowers.
Thanks for sharing my journey through a little bit of Americana. Ta Ta for now.
Ps. Click on the pics and you get a better view of them! :)
























3 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks like fun! I've always wanted to visit Colonial Williamsburg! Hope your 4th of July was nice! :)

Unknown said...

Hello! It's me again! I came back over because I wanted to let you know that I'm having a giveaway! Be sure to come on over and join in!

I didn't realize that you had a pic of the Kirtland Temple on this blog post! That's what I get for skimming over the pics...I'm busted, LOL!

Tat-a-Renda said...

Stopping by to say thank you for entering my giveaway. Good luck to you in the drawing.