Saturday, November 28, 2009

Tatted angel with double picots.


My little tatted angels pattern by Nancy Tracy of www.be-stitched.com/ , called 'Tatted Angel'. The angel on the left is shuttle tatted in size 20 Lizbeth thread 'Spring Fling'#106. The bigger angel is in size 5 hdt by Yarnplayer 'Rhubarb Pie' and is needle tatted. (I like to use the needle for size 3 and 5 Pearle cotton threads.)
Nancy's pattern only calls for 6 picots on the head, but I want to make the size 20 into earrings and the size 5 a tree ornament ; so for hanging purposes I added another picot. The penny is just for size comparisons. I also had to practice my double picots and see if they would work with needle tatting. They do.
Becki only has a 3 foot tree and large ornament would be over powering.
I also have made a few fabric origami pieces in the shape of cranes for her. They are done in green batik fabric I bought.( Not enough time to make my own, maybe make some batik fabric this summer for next Christmas. Anyone who has worked with dye will know what I say when I say that dying is time consuming. Batik requires several dye processes with set time between each one-so next time.)
I hope everyone had a happy and safe Turkey Day and have a great week! Remember there are only 27 tatting days left till Christmas! :)



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, cute! The double picots make the angels' wings!