Sunday, February 14, 2010

An 'Enchanter' Valentine's Day!

A happy Valentine's Day to all. Here is Jon Yusoff's latest pattern 'Enchanter' done in size 20 Lizbeth thread in 'Western Sunset' # 102. Jon's lovely pattern is at her web site http://tatsaway.blogspot.com/ . I saw the pattern and didn't know how big it would tat in 20 thread. ( It is about 1 -1/2" by 1 -3/4" perfect earring size) And when I finished one I said I have to make another.
The pattern tats up beautifully and quickly. I think I would like to make some more and add beads. This design lends itself easily to beads. A few seed beads in the picots and a little dagger bead at the tip maybe.
The hardest part is tying a bow! My fingers don't work like that any more. lol.
They are in time to wear for church on Valentine's Day. Nice addition to my earring collection.
The count down has begun for Becki sighting- 26 days and she will be here! :)

2 comments:

Fox said...

Oh, that Jon is so talented. And you tatted these up so nicely!

I never can do the bows either. There is a method to tying them, but I never seem to get it right!
Fox : )

Tat-a-Renda said...

Very clever to turn the heart in earrings. I like it.