Sunday, November 2, 2008

Dragons, Becki and other mythylogical pursuits

Yeah I finally got a ok picture of my tatted dragon. This is from Anne Bruvold's pattern Flying Norwegian Dragons. This is the third one I needle tatted and I did make a couple of mistakes-but I am not telling where.
Becki has returned from her adventures - voiceless but no worse for the wear. Her student and her were the only school that didn't stay in a hotel and had to sleep at the school. Also they were the only ones who where not allowed a eating out budget. They had to prepare all their food at the school microwave-yum. This lead to a very limited menu. They did have purchase orders they could use at a store-1 1/2 miles away. No car, 2 days of rain and snow don't make for adventuring to go shopping.
It probably wouldn't have been the end of her very-awful-very-bad-week if it hadn't have been the fact the school talked her into becoming a volleyball referee. How to have hate mail without really trying. No one "likes" the ref. and when you are on a small island with no real way to quickly get off you have to have a death wish for this job. Lucky for her Met won or they might have burned her at the stake. Someones got to wise this girl up.
So life continues. I am going to try some of the snowflakes from Jon Yusoff's book "Tatted Snowflake Collection". She sent me a lovely tatted snowflake to go with it. Thanks Jon!
I've read alot of different views on shuttle and needle tatting-I do both . The secret to make needle look like shuttle is to use as small of needle as possible to tat with. I can do just about all the different tatting techniques with needle tatting there is, but wasn't that gifted with then shuttle. Pinched nerves cause me to drop the shuttle(alot) so to keep doing what I love I have become more proficient on the needle. Today I figured out how to do split rings on the shuttle and I am relearning how to hold my shuttle so maybe I won't loose feelings in my fingers as quickly. I have been seeing a massage therapist and it is helping. Healing take time.
Well it is time to go , but for anyone who thinks they can't do something I say- suck it up and give it a try! All you can do is have to try again! TaTa for now.

No comments: