Sunday, August 9, 2009

Peaches, pickles and cherries!


Bec and I canned about 45 quarts of peaches, 14 quarts of pie cherries and Bec did 60 pints of dills. (I did only 14 pints of bread and butter). This was in prep of her getting stuff ready to go back to Alaska. (She leaves tomorrow). Where has the summer gone?

We did the Lake County Fair, the Milwaukee Zoo and lots of clothes shopping the last couple of weeks. All in all we had a FULL summer! I even made 4 dish clothes for her to take back with her. Pic is one of the four dish cloths Bec will be giving to her friend in Anchorage. Sad to say I didn't finish any tatting(Have lots of ufos going around.lol-unfinished objects that is). Maybe when Bec leaves I can get them done.
All in all I will miss Bec and it will be a long spell before we see her again. So when I am having home canned peaches this winter I can smile and think how much fun we had this summer! Well TaTa for now.

No comments: